Dear Free State Family,
We are certainly living in an unusual time. And although we are not doing business as usual, we are determined to remain connected to God, to one another, and to the lost, as we develop new rhythms to our lives and faith. While nothing can replace meeting all together as a family, we are grateful we can remain connected through technology. Here is our game plan, as a church, to continue to live out our discipleship, and grow through this season of uncertainty.
- Connect with God
- Make it your aim to spend time with God, in the word and in prayer, every day.
- Continue to check the website for resources to help deepen your bible study.
- Congregational Connection
- Wednesday Night
- Each Wednesday night at 7pm, we will meet as a congregation via ZOOM.
- We’ll use this time for some combination of prayer, encouragement, scripture sharing, and/or a lesson.
- Sunday morning Live-Stream
- Each Sunday morning, we will have a live-stream message starting at 10:30AM.
- We’re asking that everyone watch the live stream for continuity.
- Following each service, aim to spend time discussing the message and praying together as a household or over the phone.
*** Technology is not perfect. There will be hiccups and inconsistencies with every virtual meeting & live stream. Let’s embrace and prepare for these imperfections. Any way we can connect is a blessing during this time. ***
- Family Group Connection
- FG meetings (ZOOM)
- We’re encouraging each family group to continue to meet via ZOOM. The frequency of meetings will be determined by each group.
- Stay connected over the phone with your FG members as frequently as possible
- An easy plan to help your phone calls be productive is the acronym “CPET”
- CPET: Confession, Prayer, Encouragement, Thankfulness
- Confess sin, Encourage one another, Share what you’re thankful for, and pray together.
- Connection with the lost
Like us, most of our neighbors, co-workers, family members, and friends are at home with time on their hands. We have been given a unique evangelistic opportunity. Here are a few tips to help us engage in God’s mission, and continue to spread the gospel:
- Share our link to the live stream with people you know.
- Invite people to join our ZOOM midweeks or your ZOOM FG times.
- Set up virtual Bible studies.
- Other Information
- Download the “ZOOM” App (many of our meetings will be via ZOOM)
- Online giving
- We will be sending congregational information via EMAIL & Groupme
- SANITY TIPS
- Have a daily schedule/rhythm for yourself and/or your kids if you will be inside.
- Set “discipline” goals
- Wake up and have a QT by/before a certain time each day.
- Set a physical activity goal for each day/week.
- Limit snacking.
- Identify some books to finish.
- Stay clean.
- Keep your house & room clean.
- Maintain personal hygiene.
- Each morning, change into nice clean clothes as you would for work or school.
- Pray for patience and what you are thankful for
- During this time, it will require much patience.
- Praying for what you are thankful for will keep morale up.
- Media Boundaries
- Stay educated, but don’t follow the news throughout the day.
- Avoid the news first thing in the morning, and right before bed.
2 Timothy 1:3-4
I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy